A Banner Year!
We continued and expanded our yearly celebration of house concerts, setting records for local and travel attendance. 2017 was also a great year for our artists, with each act having a full schedule for the week, and immediate interest for future bookings in our area.
- 500 Attendees at showcase – best of our 6 year history!
- $2300 (avg) earnings for festival acts.
- 20 house concerts
- 5 additional concerts and appearances – office concerts, radio appearances.
- 6 international attendees (mostly from France)
- 10 out of state attendees (Tennessee, Minnesota, Virginia, Texas)
Our festival received coverage, articles, and our artists made appearances in:
• Creative Loafing
• St. Pete Times
• WFTS Television (ABC)
• WMNF Radio
• Assorted blogs and websites.
Economic Impact for the City
Listening Room Festival contributes ever-growing revenue for the City of St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area.
• Room Nights 30 @ $150 = $4500 (24 room nights at host hotel)
• Additional Travel Spending (estimated) = $6000
• After-Party at SouZou, 110 attendees and pre-show dinner bump
• $500 donation to St. Pete Arts Alliance
Preparations already underway for LRFest18! (April 18-22, 2018)
- Artist applications May 15 – June 30
- Judging (done by hosts of ConcertsInYourHome.com) June 27 – July 25
photos by Donna Green, of course!